[Discussion] Discussion : political punching bags

Claude Desrosiers-Hasan cdhasan at cox.net
Mon Jul 16 11:49:14 EDT 2018

Bonjour tout le monde!

Je me demande si vous avez des idées. J’ai un communiqué à traduire et on me donne comme explication : « things that we should not be attacking for political gain ».

Voici le contexte :

Des idées?

Merci,

Claude

“The right to meaningful collective bargaining and the right to strike are not political punching bags. They’re constitutional rights,” said Michael Bryant, Executive Director of the Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA). “These rights are protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to ensure dignity and fairness for workers.  As the federal government found out with the Canada Post case, back-to-work legislation will be closely monitored by the courts.”