[Discussion] grim storytelling

Anne-Marie Mesa translate at ammesa.ca
Fri Feb 17 15:59:31 EST 2023

Bonjour,

Avez-vous déjà entendu parler de cette technique d'apprentissage? Quel
serait l'équivalent FR? Sombre tableau? Histoire morbide? Histoire
sinistre? Récit sinistre?

[T]oo often the first instinct is to fall back on the first probable
explanation that comes to mind instead of engaging with multiple
possible causes. To overcome this tendency, we encourage police officers
and those training for critical incident decision-making to imagine the
worst-case scenario. We call this cognitively demanding act “*grim
storytelling*.” Storytelling is an underutilized method of learning,
despite its universality and primality throughout history (Gottschall
2012).

Merci,